1.11.2008

Well......



Well......
I am in aw of the response I have gotten and how many people this getting up early thing is truly a struggle for! I must admit that while I would love to tell you about my victory this week, instead I am laying myself out there and telling you, the earliest I woke up this week was 6:30...once! Although I did have one night with many awakenings from Savannah and another night staying up until 1:30... that is because we are FINALLY working on getting Avery, after 3 years, to sleep the whole night in his bed. I am not doing any better right now, considering I am posting this at 10:30. I plan to go to bed by 10:30 every night next week and get up at 5:30 every morning!! Please pray for me as this is difficult, as it is for many of you that have shared with me! It doesn't say anything about God commanding in the Bible to awake early, though it does tell of the benefits of praying and being still with God. I had the most blessed, peaceful, motivating morning that morning I woke at 5:30 and I can't seem to get back to it. Thank you again for all your encouraging emails. I feel like getting up at 5:30 is like telling a sloth to run! I need to be face down this weekend and pray for victory over my stronghold, which is lazy sleep!!

HERE'S TO COFFEE!

6 comments:

emily said...

i so need to work on getting up earlier... maybe we could hold each other accountable in this area. if i knew you were going to ask me what time i got up, maybe i could get up earlier... a little positive peer pressure/accountability thing??? i may end up being a morning coffee person after all... haha. so let me know what you think! i may need a sticker chart or something...................

Kelsi said...

Heather!! Savannah and Avery are absolutely precious! I'm so glad you are doing this blog so we can see updated pictures of them! It sounds like you are doing great! I also can't believe how big Dahnielle is! Tell everyone I said hey! Love you lots!!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber said...

Heather, I'm so glad to see that you and your family are doing so well! Thanks for posting your blogs! I really enjoy seeing all of the pictures and reading all of the adventures! I feel for you on the getting up early! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Much love,
Amber

Faithfully Free Blog said...

How are things going? Keep us updated!
Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I am having so much fun looking at your blog....I miss you all terribly, but this is so great to read all your stories and look at photos! I am having a ball. I am going to have to figure out how to do this!