Ask your husband to tell you one thing that he would want when he gets home from work. That for my husband is a hot cup of coffee. For another husband it may be closer to dinner time and he would like to come home to dinner on the table.
A good friend of mine and I were talking about the need to serve our families and the "old fashion" way of running your household. In God's Word, He gives you Proverbs 31:10-31. I know most of you are very familiar with these verses and I have been challenged and excited to bring my family back to that way of doing things. Don't worry if someone thinks that you are being old fashion, you are not in THIS modern day way of doing things. My husband was hesitant to even suggest something when I asked him this question, but I believe that is serving my husband, that is a way to respect my husband, to have him as my head. I joyfully make him coffee, have the house picked up when he comes home, (most of the time ;) ) and try and have the children at the door to greet him. I want our home to be peaceful, and a wonderful place to rejuvenate before the next morning of work.
"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." Proverbs 31:10 NASB.
Now that is exciting and what a goal to strive for!
A good friend of mine and I were talking about the need to serve our families and the "old fashion" way of running your household. In God's Word, He gives you Proverbs 31:10-31. I know most of you are very familiar with these verses and I have been challenged and excited to bring my family back to that way of doing things. Don't worry if someone thinks that you are being old fashion, you are not in THIS modern day way of doing things. My husband was hesitant to even suggest something when I asked him this question, but I believe that is serving my husband, that is a way to respect my husband, to have him as my head. I joyfully make him coffee, have the house picked up when he comes home, (most of the time ;) ) and try and have the children at the door to greet him. I want our home to be peaceful, and a wonderful place to rejuvenate before the next morning of work.
"An excellent wife, who can find? For her worth is far above jewels." Proverbs 31:10 NASB.
Now that is exciting and what a goal to strive for!
1 comment:
I was just talking to a good friend of mine about the very same thing! It is so exciting the role and special place God has ordained for us! I'm right there with ya on this one...working on it with God's grace.
Post a Comment